About the Energy Institute
The Energy Institute (EI) is the professional body for the energy industry, delivering good practice and professionalism across the sector. The purpose of the EI is to develop and disseminate knowledge, skills and good practice towards a safer, more secure and sustainable energy system. In fulfilling this purpose the EI addresses the depth and breadth of energy and the energy system, from upstream and downstream hydrocarbons and other primary fuels and renewables, to power generation, transmission and distribution to sustainable development, demand side management and energy efficiency.
The strategic aims of the EI are:
- To promote the role, status and contribution of energy professionals in society and maintain professional standards
- To equip energy professionals with tools to enable their positive contribution to society
- To ensure the availability of good quality energy education and learning provision
- To provide a forum for debate to facilitate the development and dissemination of energy knowledge and good practice
- To enhance public understanding of energy resources and their role in society
The Energy Institute has also collaborated with The Crown Estate on the development of a publication of Construction vessel guideline for the offshore renewables industry and on the creation of an Offshore Wind Collection of online resources.