If you are currently registered as a CEng, IEng, CEnv or EngTech with another UK professional body, or Engineers Ireland, then you can apply to become a Member of the EI (MEI) or Technician Member of the EI (TMEI) via our Professional Registrants route.

This quicker, streamlined route is tailored for those with existing experience and qualifications – there is a short application and the main thing you will need is an up-to-date CV. You will also need to demonstrate a track record of working in responsible roles in energy.

Becoming an MEI or TMEI formally recognises your expertise in energy and can help to enhance your profile and credibility amongst your peers in industry.

Not yet professional registered? Don’t worry – you can apply for these grades as well as our additional registrations, such as Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv), though the normal routes.