The G+ is here to support regulators in different countries and regions around the world, on offshore wind health and safety. This webpage allows offshore wind health and safety regulators to share information that they would like to communicate to the sector. Please email if you are a regulator and want to share information on this page firstname.lastname@example.org.
HSE Letter to G+
HSE feedback for Offshore Wind Farm developers on important safety considerations for construction projects involving Heavy Lift Vessels.
HSE Letter to G+ & SafetyOn
HSE engaged with industry in relation to the safety of Wind Turbine Generators (WTGs) at the Safe by Design workshop held in September 2016.
Exercise Sancho Report
Emergency response exercise held in the UK on the 31 May 2022.
Interior Department Takes Steps to Strengthen Offshore Clean Energy Development
Proposed regulations will streamline and improve processes for offshore wind initiatives.
National Offshore Petroleum Safety and Environmental Management Authority (NOPSEMA)
- NOPSEMA is Australia's independent regulator for health and safety, structural (well) integrity and environmental management for all offshore oil and gas operations and greenhouse gas storage activities in Commonwealth waters, and in coastal waters where regulatory powers and functions have been conferred.
- Website: Home | NOPSEMA
Australian Maritime Safety Authority
- Australia's national agency responsible for maritime safety, protection of the marine environment, and maritime aviation search and rescue
- Website: Australian Maritime Safety Authority (amsa.gov.au)
Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare
- The Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare is the main Japanese ministry for occupational health and safety legislation
- Website: https://www.mhlw.go.jp/english/
Japan Coast Guard: Japan Coast Guard (mlit.go.jp)
Department of Energy (DOE): Department of Energy Philippines (doe.gov.ph)
Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR): Home (denr.gov.ph)
Coast guard: Philippine Coast Guard Official Website
Korea Occupational Safety and Health Agency (KOSHA)
- KOSHA is the main regulatory body for occupational health and safety in South Korea.
- Website: Korea Occupational Safety and Health Agency (KOSHA)
Coast guard: KoreaCoastGuard (kcg.go.kr)
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- OSHA is part of the Ministry of Labour and responsible for the ensuring compliance with occupational safety and health policies.
- Website: Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
Coast guard: Coast Guard Administration, Executive Yuan (cga.gov.tw)
Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT): Web Portal Ministry of Industry and Trade (moit.gov.vn)
Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MONRE): Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment - Home (monre.gov.vn)
Coast guard: Vietnam Coast Guard (canhsatbien.vn)
BeSWIC - Belgian Knowledge Centre on Well-being at Work
- Belgian centre for the prevention of occupational risks, safety and health protection at work.
- Website: Beswic | Belgian Knowledge Centre on Well-being at Work
Coast guard: Coast guard | Coast guard (kustwacht.be)
Arbejdstilsynet – Danish Working Environment Authority (WEA)
- WEA is the Danish state body responsible for occupational health and safety and for inspecting conditions of the working environment.
- Website: https://at.dk/en
Tööinspektsioon - Labour Inspectorate of Estonia
- Estonia’s Labour Inspectorate implements governmental policies on the work environment and ensures compliance with occupational health and safety regulations.
- Website: https://www.ti.ee/en
Maritime security centre (Joint Rescue Coordination Centre): Sea and air rescue - Police and Border Guard Board (politsei.ee)
European Agency for Safety and Health at Work (EU OSHA)
- EU OSHA is the European Union’s information agency for occupational health and safety.
- Website: https://osha.europa.eu/en
Coast guard – Frontex: Frontex | European Union Agency (europa.eu)
National Agency for the Improvement of Working Conditions (ANACT)
- ANACT offers advice for companies on preventing occupational health and safety risks.
Coast guard (Maritime Gendarmerie): Gendarmerie nationale (interieur.gouv.fr)
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)
- BAMS is the main governmental body for labour law and regulations, including occupational health and safety. The governmental research institute Federal Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (BAuA) supplies occupational health and safety information to BMAS.
Offshore wind projects near shore as well as general occupational safety regulations can be subject to regional laws of the Laender.
Coast guard: Bundespolizei - Bundespolizeidirektion Bad Bramstedt
Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
- In Greece, occupational health and safety is under the responsibility of the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs.
- Website: https://ypergasias.gov.gr/en/
- The website also answers FAQs on Health and Safety
Coast guard: Hellenic Coastguard Home page | ΛΣ-ΕΛΑΚΤ (hcg.gr)
Vinnueftirlitid - Administration of Occupational Safety and Health (AOSH)
- AOSH is the independent institution for occupational health and safety under the Icelandic Ministry of Social Affairs. It is responsible for enforcing legislation and regulations ensuring health and safety in the workplace.
- Contact: The division of Health and Environment is led by Svava Jónsdóttir
- Website: https://vinnueftirlitid.is/english
Coast guard: Welcome to the Icelandic Coast Guard | English version | Landhelgisgæsla Íslands (lhg.is)
Arbeidstilsynet- Norwegian Labour Inspection Authority
- The Labour Inspection Authority is the Norwegian governmental agency focusing on occupational health and safety.
- Website: https://www.arbeidstilsynet.no/en/
Petroleum Safety Authority Norway
- Website: https://www.ptil.no/en/
Coast guard: Frontpage | Kystverket - tar ansvar for sjøveien
Polish Energy Regulator Office
Coast guard – Polish border guard: Komenda Główna Straży Granicznej (strazgraniczna.pl)
Authority for Working Conditions (ACT)
- ACT supervises compliance with health and safety regulations in Portugal.
Coast guard (Autoridade Marítima Nacional): National Maritime Authority (amn.pt)
National Institute of Safety and Hygiene at Work (INSST)
- INSST is one the main bodies for occupational safety and health in Spain. Certain competencies are carried out by the regional authorities of the autonomous regions.
- Website: https://www.insst.es/
Coast guard: Inicio | Salvamento Marítimo (salvamentomaritimo.es)
Arbetsmiljöverket - Swedish Work Environment Authority
- The Swedish Work Environment Authority is the regulatory body to enforce compliance with regulations on matters related to the working environment.
- Website: https://www.av.se/en/
Coast guard: The Swedish Coastguard (kustbevakningen.se)
Netherlands Labour Authority
- The Labour Authority sits under the Dutch Ministry of Social Affairs and Employment and carries out labour and work right inspections.
- Website: https://www.nllabourauthority.nl/
State Supervision of Mines (SodM)
- SodM is committed to human safety and the protection of the environment in energy production and the use of the subsurface, now and in the future
- Website: Home | State Supervision of Mines (sodm.nl)
Coast guard: We are the Netherlands Coastguard - Netherlands Coastguard (kustwacht.nl)
UK Health and Safety Executive (UK HSE)
- The UK HSE is Britain’s independent regulator for workplace health and safety.
- Website: www.hse.gov.uk
Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA)
Canadian Centre of Occupation Health and Safety (CCOHS)
- CCOHS informs about and advances occupational health and safety in Canada.
Coast guard: Canadian Coast Guard | Garde côtière canadienne (ccg-gcc.gc.ca)
Colombian Mining and Energy Planning Unit (UPME): UPME
Energy and Gas Regulation Commission (CREG): CREG |
National Environmental Licensing Authority (ANLA): Inicio (anla.gov.co)
Ministry of the Environment (MinAmbiente): Inicio - Ministerio de Ambiente y Desarrollo Sostenible (minambiente.gov.co)
Ministry of Mines and Energy (MME): Ministerio de Minas y Energía (minenergia.gov.co)
Coast guard: Guardacostas | Comando (cgfm.mil.co)
Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE)
- BSEE is the governmental agency enforcing safety and environmental regulations relating to the offshore energy industries in the US. BSEE works with BOEM to avoid duplication.
Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM)
- BOEM is the governmental agency responsible for managing the development of offshore resource for offshore energy industries in the US.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- OSHA is the part of the US Department of Labour and ensures safe and healthy working conditions.
Coast guard: United States Coast Guard (uscg.mil)